Right to Information now!!!

Right to Information now!!!
Fight for your control

Thursday, April 16

Effusion of the freshest Ghanaian Groom

Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity is the style and goal of this piece. This story is intended to highlight the dilemma up and coming as well as aspiring couple face in Ghana. It is an attempt to help people to seeing it objectified and criticised, not just for comical value but the need to reform the marriage nightmare of young people. Long, long-time ago, In the year 2009…, There was a wonderful community wedding held in one of the famous town halls in Ghana. At the end of the reception; the person assigned the singular honour and privilege of delivering the votes thanks was ‘well dodged’. Without further option, the groom was called upon to give his own vote of thanks to his guests. The following is what he came up with. Hope you will enjoy reading it and that if you are already married you would relate 100% to his effusion. Well, if you are yet to tie the nuptial knot, a great food for thought for you on how your marriage ceremony should be arranged and concluded especially if you don’t want to eat ‘Kofi Brokeman’ during your honeymoon.
"1. I want to first of all thank the Lord Almighty for creating my wife and to also thank the Pastor and his wife for lending us their wedding rings. 2. Special appreciation to my landlord who lent us his car. 3. I am most grateful to my boss for approving the loan I used for my wedding suit. 4. Big thanks to the ‘Committee of Friends’ for the appeal fund they raised on my behalf. 5. Also to my brother’s wife, thank you for lending us your wedding gown and to my sister for lending her shoes to my wife. 6. Am so grateful to the cake designer. I promised to return it tomorrow morning as agreed without cutting or eating out of it. 7. Special thanks to my friends who brought food from their homes to help me feed you all. Please for those of you who were served food, good luck and for those who didn’t get any, well we will make it up to you during our child dedication (hopefully next year). 8. Very big thanks to my parents for bringing the village cultural band to render music as well as entertain us all here today. 9. Not forgetting the church marriage committee for persuading my wife to marry me. 10. Appreciation to the married men in the church for rushing me into this this marriage. 11. The women are not left out either, thanks for teaching my wife how to cook and dance. 12. To the youth, thank you for sweeping and decorating this venue with palm fronds. 13. I am also grateful to my teenage friends for helping with the zobo drinks. 14. Appreciation to my co-tenants for contributing money for the cameraman. 15. Well, I wish you all safe journey and I pray that the bachelors and spinsters among you don’t experience what I suffered for this wedding. Thank you". The final thing you should probably know by now is that while this effusion sounds preposterous and even demeaning, it reasons to understand that the basis for this ‘vote of thanks’ vituperation is concretely founded and should not be embarrassing to the groom and irritating to you the reader since the argument is valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment